I was not trying to listen in to their conversation but as I said they were directly behind me and the TV was not loud enough to drown out their voices so I heard bits and pieces of their conversation. At some point in the conversation, they began talking about how much pain they were in and then one said something of the sort "I do not know why God keeps me alive to feel this pain. I ask Him that a lot. I mean I go to church some of the time and I pray some of the time and I say to God why do you keep me alive." The other lady shared these sentiments and began saying something like this "I know that Jesus endured pain on the cross but he didnt have to endure it that long. He doesnt know how it feels to be in constant pain."
I know that these two ladies arent the only ones who have these thoughts... sometimes I gets thoughts like this but then I turn to a scripture which comforts me and ensures me that I can go to God with anything and He will understand.
Hebrews 2:14-18 (NIV BibleGateway.com)
14Since the children have flesh and blood, he [Jesus] too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. 16For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham's descendants. 17For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.18Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
Can you imagine living in heaven, a place of rest and sweet worship, and then having to come down to earth? For 33 years, Christ lived on this earth... can you imagine coming from a throne to serve the people??? Christ became human so that He may share the human experience; He knows how we feel when we are suffering. That is why He is the Most High Priest and can be our mediator. So I urge you, if you ever feel like no one understands your pain, note that Jesus does and you can go to Him in prayer and He can comfort you.
Add on... no matter how long you have been in a situation God can fix it. Many stories in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) point out people who needed to be healed their entire life came to Jesus and were healed by their faith. Keep the faith and Be encouraged!
GOD IS SOOOOOOO AWESOME,
KC
No comments:
Post a Comment